Criminal Law Practice & Litigation Defense
- State and Federal Criminal Defense
- Health Care Fraud
- Medicare and Medicaid Fraud
- White Collar Crime
- Tax Fraud
- Pre-Indictment Representation
- Corporate and Personal Investigations
- Public Corruption
- Money Laundering
- International Law
- Grand Jury Proceedings
- Appeals (Federal and State, Criminal and Civil)
- Drug Trafficking
- Business Fraud and Theft
- Asset Forfeiture
Common Client Inquiries:
How do I rehabilitate reputation after criminal allegations?
How can we minimize criminal exposure?
What should I do immediately after being charged with a crime?
How long will the trial process take?
Notable Client Projects & Experience
- Representation of various corporate and individual clients against federal crime allegations including bribery, fraud, illegal drug possession/sale, arson, weapons charges, illegal imports/exports.
- Lead counsel for several targets of a Federal Seizure warrant in which more than 200 Million Dollars were seized by the United States Government as part of a multi-year investigation into Venezuelan Bolivar/ United States Dollar currency exchanges. Assisted with extensive negotiations with the United States Government and other government agencies.
- Represented victims of fraud in the unlicensed Bolivar/Dollar swap trades.
- Defense against Medicaid fraud claims investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Office of the Inspector General for alleged Medicare fraud or related activities.
- Defense against insurance fraud claims and negotiations of settlement.
- Representation of nightclub and bar owners for alleged controlled substance violations and municipal noise ordinances. Assisted with negotiation of administrative and criminal charges.
- Defense of nightclubs, bars, hotels, and restaurant owners, bartenders and servers against allegations of illegal sales of alcohol to minors.
- The firm’s investigative arm has helped numerous business owners and investors respond to possible violations of local and federal laws as well as violations of internal company policies. These investigations include but are not limited to premises liability, employee theft and embezzlement, sexual battery, internal fraud, stalking, identity theft, and numerous other matters.
- Alex Fox is Rated by Martindale-Hubbell as Distinguished
- Guest Speaker, Alex Fox, University of Miami College of Law, 1L Evidence
- Contributor to “Tough Times in the Sunshine State” by H. Scott
- Fingerhut and Judge Robert N. Scola, Jr., Florida Bar Journal, November, 1999, Volume LXXIII, No. 10
- Alex Fox, Named “Best of the Bar” by the South Florida Business Journal, 2005
- Alex Fox and Robert Lewis, Featured Speakers at 2006 Nightclub and Bar Owner’s Convention, Las Vegas, Nevada- “Possible personal liability for owners for criminal acts performed on premises of nightclubs/bars.” Presented along with Robert F. Lewis
- Named 2008 Florida Trend Elite Top Up and Coming Attorney