Alexander F. Fox, entered private practice by starting his own firm in 2001. Mr. Fox handles a broad range of criminal matters for individuals, partnerships, corporations and financial institutions, including health care fraud, grand jury investigations, white collar defense, witness representations, corporate internal investigations and post conviction litigation and appeals. Prior to managing a private practice, he served as an Assistant State Attorney in the Office of the State Attorney in Miami, Florida. As a prosecutor, he prosecuted a wide variety of criminal cases. He was lead counsel on numerous jury trials where the defendants were accused of assault and battery, burglary, sexual battery, drug trafficking, fraud, extortion and homicide.
Alexander is a native Miamian who, aside from having years of experience in the legal field in Miami, has ties to the community that allow him to better serve his clients. He earned his B.A. in 1994 from American University in Washington, D.C. and later his J.D. from the University of Florida College of Law in Gainesville, Florida. Mr. Fox is a member of the Florida Bar, United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit and has appeared Pro Hac Vice in Federal and State courts throughout the United States.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Named 2008 Florida Trend Elite Top Up and Coming Attorney
- Named an “Up and Comer” in Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2006
- Named “Best of the Bar” by the South Florida Business Journal, 2005
- BV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. BV is an excellent rating for a lawyer. This is the maximum rating given to a lawyer who has been admitted to the bar from 5-9 years.
- Speaker at 2006 Nightclub and Bar Owner’s Convention, Las Vegas, Nevada- “Possible personal liability for owners for criminal acts performed on premises of nightclubs/bars.” Presented along with Robert F. Lewis.
- Guest Speaker, University of Miami College of Law, 1L Evidence
- Contributor to “Tough Times in the Sunshine State” by H. Scott Fingerhut and Judge Robert N. Scola, Jr., Florida Bar Journal, November, 1999, Volume LXXIII, No. 10
Notable Speaking Engagements, Publications & Recognition:
- Alex Fox comments on Niklaus Children's Hospital surgeon cyber-snooping case covered by CNN, May, 2018, https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/02/health/metoo-cybersnooping-arrest/index.html
- Hospital will not discipline surgeon in cyber-snooping case, Alexander Fox represents the defendant, Community Newspapers, April, 2018, http://communitynewspapers.com/coralgables/hospital-no-reprimand-for-miami-surgeon-facing-criminal-charges/
- Quoted in the Miami Herald regarding cyber-snooping case, February, 2018, http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article200546469.html
- Ride-Sharing Numbers Add Up When Driver’s Cost Could Be DUI or Accident, by Alex Fox, Daily Business Review, February, 2018, https://www.law.com/dailybusinessreview/sites/dailybusinessreview/2018/02/27/ride-sharing-numbers-add-up-when-drivers-cost-could-be-dui-or-accident/
- Telemundo examines the Raquel Calderin missing body case in a three part report, "¿Sin cuerpo no hay crimen?" Febuary, 2018 - PART 1 - PART 2 - PART 3